In this section you will find guides to a growing list of gemstones. From well-known gemstones like amethyst or morganite to very rare (and sometimes obscure) gemstones like alexandrite and zultanite.
Every gemstone guide includes the following (and more):
- An introduction that explains the properties, color and uses.
- A buying guide that teaches you how to spot fakes or simulants. It will give you the info you need to make an informed buy.
- A cleaning & storage guide.
- The history of the gemstone (thousands of years in some cases!)
- Stunning images and videos of raw and cut gemstones and gemstone jewelry.
- A list of resources that you can use to further explore the world of gemstones.
For information on diamonds please visit our diamond education page.
If you are looking for information on a gemstone that we haven’t covered yet feel free to contact us.